Can I Bail My Mom Out of Jail if I Am Under 18?

No one is outside of the law. Even good people are arrested from time to time, some are not even guilty. The ugly truth is, sometime these people are parents, or mothers. If you are a minor under the age of 18 years old that has just learned of their mother’s arrest, whether for a warrant or a criminal incident, it is important to understand your role. Because you are a minor, juvenile to be specific, your role is very limited.

Continued reading to learn what you can do to help your mother get out of jail.

Bail Bond for Mom Hamilton County IN 317-919-2489
Bail Bond for Moms Hamilton County IN 317-919-2489

Juveniles Cannot Post Bail For Anyone

In order to bail someone out of jail, you will need to obtain a bail bond, which ultimately requires you to sign a bail bond agreement form. You must be 18 years old to enter into any contractual agreement, and a bail bond agreement form is a legally-binding contract. But do not fear, you can still make efforts to help your mother if you are not able to post her bond directly.

What You Can Do

If your mother was arrested right in front of you, the police officers will accommodate all of your needs. They will contact your closest family members or relocate you to a temporary home until your mother is released or a family member can be with you. You do not need to worry about anything from this point. It is not your responsibility to get your mother out of jail. If you are all she has help-wise, you still do not have to worry. She can post her own bond from inside the jail.

If you were not with your mother, but you have just learned of her arrest, your first and only priority is to contact your closest relative. Your father, Aunt, Uncle, Grandparent, Godparent, or adult sibling are all accepted types of relatives that police will allow you to go with while your mom is waiting to post bond. These relatives all have the ability to hire a Hamilton County IN bail bondsman and get your mother out of jail.

Are you looking for the fastest and easiest way to get your parent or sibling out of Hamilton County Jail in Indiana? Contact Uptown Bail Bonds at 317-919-2489 for the fastest and most affordable bail bonds in Hamilton County, Indiana. We also provide prearranged bail for arrest warrant surrenders.

Related Posts:

Facts About DUI Bail Bonds
Advice for Guardians Caring for Kids With Incarcerated Parents
How to Pay for Someone’s Bail in Noblesville Indiana

Hamilton County Bail Bonds County Bail Bonds 317-919-2489